Monday, August 13, 2012

But Let Him Ask in Faith, Nothing Wavering

Well, I haven't posted in a few days but I think it's because I have been a little too busy really enjoying the new things that I am grateful for. Maybe they will be a post someday :)

Today I am SO grateful for prayer! I was so sick all last night and was only able to sleep for about 40 minutes. It was very miserable to say the least and as I did my best to get through the morning, I sent a text to several good friends and just simply asked them to help me in prayer that I might be able to get through the day.

The title of this post is twofold for me. It took a lot of strength for me to ask my friends for help and I think they knew it but something can be said for righteous friends who answer a call to help in any matter. I also relearned the meaning of praying with a faith that can't be denied; to truly know that He would hear and answer me.

I felt the power of those prayers today and accomplished more than I thought I could. I know that He hears our prayers and is excited to allow us to literally feel His power so that we may know and understand that when we exercise our faith in Him, in any way, He will always back us up.

I think He knew exactly what I needed today and I am so grateful for the friends who provided extra prayers so that I may feel that.

“It matters not our circumstance, be we humble or arrogant, poor or rich, free or enslaved, learned or ignorant, loved or forsaken, we can address Him. We need no appointment. Our supplication can be brief or can occupy all the time needed. It can be an extended expression of love and gratitude or an urgent plea for help. He has created numberless cosmos and populated them with worlds, yet you and I can talk with Him personally, and He will ever answer.”-Elder Richard G. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment